Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blood Donation News Update: Police Donation

In recent news 60 police officers donated blood to the National Blood Transfusion Center (source). I cannot find much more information than that. While I doubt that this was an entirely voluntary operation (they are all still in uniform and I have a feeling there was a little outside pressure) I think it is overwhelmingly positive. The more events like this get in the news the better, especially with those in positions of authority. Now all we need is a picture of the Prime Minister giving blood.




The same site also mentions that Hun Sen recently 
"gave a recommendation to the Ministry of Health, asking the institution to set a specific date for blood donation to prevent the damage from unexpected things" (source).
I do not know what "unexpected things" means but instituting regular national blood donation days doesn't seem like a bad idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment